Since ancient times, herbs have been used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes, as well as to preserve youth, both internally and externally.
It is no secret that the decrease in skin elasticity and its aging occurs due to moisture loss, cell death, slow recovery.
Herbs used for skin rejuvenation are designed, if not to prevent, then to slow down all these processes, being a real storehouse of vitamins, trace elements, antioxidants, immunomodulators and a source of moisture.
To achieve the maximum effect, it is customary to use herbal preparations.
Used in the form of infusions and decoctions, they regulate the functions of the body as a whole, and in the form of masks, lotions, tonics, creams, skins, cleansers and baths, they restore the healthy color of the skin, its turgor and tone.
Anti-aging infusions and decoctions of herbs
Dried plants and herbs are best stored in paper bags sealed in a dry, dark place.
When preparing an infusion or decoction, the herbs are boiled in boiling water and injected for a certain time, but they are not boiled or boiled!
The resulting drink is filtered and taken in prescribed amounts either in the morning before meals or in the evening after all meals.
- Tibetan collection. Chamomile, St. John's wort, birch buds, immortality in equal parts are poured with boiling water in the amount of 1 tablespoon per 500 ml of water. The resulting drink is divided in half, honey is added and half is drunk before going to bed, and the second - in the morning 20 minutes before eating. For renewal, daily use for 1 month per year is recommended.
- Linden, sage, chamomile and horsetail in equal proportions, cooked in the form of a decoction, will help maintain hormonal balance. True, it is recommended to drink three times a day.
- If you suffer from high blood pressure and are advised to strengthen the vascular walls, tea from the petals of the Sudanese rose (hibiscus) will come to your aid. It also helps maintain body tone as a whole.
- garlic. Few people know that this plant, which has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect and has an action against free radicals, also functions as an excellent anti-aging agent. Its daily use ensures a lasting rejuvenating effect.
What herb to wipe the face for rejuvenation
Remarkable is the fact that herbal anti-aging procedures are practically safe for external use, only individual intolerance should be considered.
Before taking a regenerative herbal bath, you should wash to get rid of dirt and grease.
- Calendula. This plant has pronounced antibacterial and antiallergic properties, is used to treat many skin diseases and stimulates the production of collagen in the skin, which helps maintain its turgor. This plant is used both for bathing and is advised to be added to tea.
- Allantoin, which is part of comfrey, promotes the growth and renewal of skin cells, is often added to cosmetic creams. With it you can make a face mask. Her recipe: chop comfrey leaves, add a teaspoon of sour cream or cream, mix everything. It should be a thick cream. Apply on clean skin for 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Aloe vera has long been considered magical when it comes to rejuvenation. The plant gives the skin a healthy glow and softness, enhances the regeneration and hydration of skin cells. This is one of the most easily accessible facial treatments.
- Astragalus root perfectly heals the whole body, and also fights against its drying. Usually the root of this plant is used to make tea, which they drink, wash their face or make ice cubes from which they wash their face.
- Ginkgo biloba. It contains many amino acids and plant collagen, which is so necessary to maintain skin elasticity. The plant has bactericidal and antifungal properties, which makes it a wonderful natural antiseptic. Ginkgo biloba can be used to make a facial cleanser.
- The following plants are suitable as a collection for baths: chamomile (for the purpose of general disinfection of wounds and microcracks); rose petals (have an overall rejuvenating effect); clover (softens the skin); tansy (relieves fatigue, swelling of the legs, improves well-being).
Herbal facial skin rejuvenation is used both in the production of expensive cosmetic products and in salon cosmetology.
Women everywhere trust herbal medicines as the safest.
Given the fact that the amount of beneficial plant extracts in the composition of finished products is minimal, it is more correct and cheaper to use herbs for rejuvenation in home care.
The only thing to keep in mind is the location of the plant collection: try to collect materials away from highways and definitely not in the city.
- St. John's wort, aloe, sea buckthorn, currants are best suited for facial rejuvenation - these plants fight free radicals well and also contribute to better cell regeneration. Aloe leaf paste, cut and aged in the refrigerator for 10 days, is an order of magnitude more effective than fresh, as during wilting this plant actively produces unique biological substances that stimulate cell regeneration. A mask made from aloe leaves processed into a slime prepared in this way is an excellent anti-aging agent.
- If you have linden flowers, flowers and cereal leaves, or mint leaves on hand, these ingredients will nourish and hydrate your skin and improve your complexion. Chamomile is often added to such mixtures. Herbs are used in the form of cold or hot compresses (heated in a water bath at body temperature) from decoctions.
- Infusions of calendula, flax, oats and viburnum have a good anti-aging effect, soften wrinkles, prevent the appearance of new ones and also activate the production of elastin by skin cells.
- Rowan, wild rose, rodiola, parsley are used as tonics for tired skin. The result of their use is freshness and shine.
- For mature skin after 50 years, a mixture of black grape leaves, St. John's wort, mountain ash is suitable. A decoction is prepared in the usual way, used in the form of a tonic or compresses, and aloe, honey and a chicken egg can be added to the squeezed precipitate and applied to the facial skin for 15-20 minutes.
- On the basis of butter and horse tail powder, you can prepare a face cream that is applied at night. To do this, mix 30 grams of butter and a couple of tablespoons of minced herbs, melt the mixture in the oven, avoiding boiling and then cool, use before going to bed after cleansing the skin, store in the refrigerator no more thanfive days.
Using the herbs that nature has given us to rejuvenate the skin and the body as a whole is the most budget-friendly way and, at the same time, the most reasonable way to preserve youth both internally and externally.
We just need to remember that, being medicines, many plants have indications and contraindications. There must be a measure in everything!